The City of Deltona’s Purchasing Office is dedicated to the principles of competition and fairness, as well as ensuring that City of Deltona taxpayers receives the best value for every expenditure. Therefore, we encourage qualified vendors to participate in doing business with the City of Deltona.
- How can I renew a contract with the City of Deltona?
Before a contract can be renewed, two things must occur. First, the contract must have a renewal option. Second, both parties must agree to the renewal. Proposed changes to the contract may result in the City's refusal to renew.
- Is the City of Deltona tax-exempt?
Yes. The City of Deltona does not pay sales tax. Our Tax Exemption number is: 85-8012678483C-0.
- How can I thank a Purchasing employee for their help?
Purchasing is prohibited from accepting gifts, trips, or any other valuable items or services from a supplier. A simple "thank you" or a short letter is acceptable.
- How do I get paid?
After a purchase order has been awarded to a vendor, four steps remain before a transaction is completed.
- Delivery and acceptance of goods or services to the using agency
- Report verifying receipt of goods or services by using agency
- Invoicing by the vendor
- Payment by the City
The vendor receives payment from the City after delivery and acceptance of the goods, commodities, or services. After the vendor has submitted an original and one copy of an invoice for goods or services, the invoice is matched with the City's receiving report and a copy of the purchase order. The City Finance Department then issues a check for the amount due to the vendor. Correct invoices are usually paid within 14 days of receipt.
- How do I bill the City of Deltona?
In order to receive payment for goods or services furnished to the City of Deltona, the vendor is required to submit an invoice to the City of Deltona Finance Department, at 2345 Providence Boulevard, Deltona, FL 32725. Submitting the invoice anywhere other than to the Finance Division may delay payment. Invoices must show:
- City purchase order number
- Complete descriptions of the goods or services furnished
- Unit prices and extensions
- The discount terms
- Name of department/division to which shipment was made
- In addition, the invoice should include the vendor's invoice number.
Questions regarding payment of invoices should be directed to Accounts Payable at 386-561-2100.